Installing and Deploying a war file in tomcat
1. Download apache-tomcat-7.0.28 or the latest version from :
2. Place the downloaded zip file in any location and uzip it, in my case I placed it in the location shown below.
3. Navigate to the bin folder as shown below
4. Launch the startup.bat file (for windows) and you should get a screen as shown below:
5. From the browser, input the url:
A screen like this should appear:
6. To deploy a .war file, click the Manager App button as shown by the arrow above but you would need to set up a username and password for the manager.
7a. To set the username and password for the manager, navigate to tomcat-users file as shown in the link below:
b.Paste the line below where you have a commented list of user tags. You can also uncomment the tags:
<user username=”tomcat” password=”s3cret”…
View original post 119 more words